Leonard “Spock” Nimoy’s son Adam Nimoy filmed a documentary on his dad “For the Love of Spock” and launched a Kickstarter campaign in 2015 to complete it. Spock and Star Trek! Hello, of course I had to backed it. One of the things that you could do was send in your own Spock photo and it would appear in mosaic poster of Spock. The documentary comes out on September 9, 2016 and they sent out the mosaic poster today. Can you find my ‘Live Long and Prosper’ (LLAP) hand? My hand is in front of a piece of art created by Leonard Nimoy of his own hand in the Vulcan Gesture of ‘Live Long and Prospter.’ You can find out about the film here http://fortheloveofspock.com/
Today is Back to the Future Day! Where on October 21, 2015 at 4:29 PM PST Marty McFly and Doc Brown went back to the future! But are we living in the future? No. Because I don’t have a hoverboard. Its all about the hoverboards!
The internet, social media, regular media, Time lords and companions, movie studios (Universal Pictures put out a ‘Jaws 19’ movie preview), various world leaders & politicians (Prime Minister David Cameron mentioned it in his Parliament speech and Bernie Sanders had a great photo), NASA, entrepreneurs, and even the OED Word of the Day (it was ‘hoverboard’) got into the Back to the Future (#BTTF) spirit!
(Sources: Twitter images found on Twitter and OED World of the Day found on http://www.oed.com/)
I had lunch today with my friend Marcia aka The Neowhovian. Besides being a librarian, instructor, scholar and all around very cool lady, Marcia runs a Doctor Who blog, has participated on Doctor Who conference panels, and has published two books on her Whovian adventures. Check out her blog at http://www.neowhovian.com/
Back in December 2012, Wil Wheaton posted a list of things everyone should have. So I also created my own list and posted it on December 11, 2012. Recently I overheard a comment and decided that my list needed updating.
Wil Wheaton’s things every person should have (http://wilwheaton.net/2012/12/from-the-vault-things-every-person-should-have/):
– A nemesis.
– An evil twin. (one thing checked off)
– A secret headquarters.
– An escape hatch.
– A partner in crime.
– A secret identity.
– A Tardis.
– A cat. (I have two of the furry critters).
– A towel. (Towel Day will soon be upon us).
– A treasure map.
– A bundle of money in different currencies and years (never know when you might be time traveling).
– A good blaster at your side kid (for when you shoot first).
– A roll or two of duck tape.
– A Swiss army knife.
– A library card. (I have four library cards, yes four. Work, PhD school, local county library, and a Library of Congress library card!)
– Theme music.
– A Bat’leth. Why? Because Bat’leth’s are cool and if you don’t know what it is I cannot help you.
– A Valyrian Steel. See above.
– Theme music.
– A great party planned for First Contact Day. (April 5, 2063 – I have already invited people).
– The ability to pilot a airplane, helicopter, tank, drone, and ship. (The ability to escape the coming zombie apocalypse or Yellowstone super volcano via a wide variety of vehicles will prove to be important life skills in the coming years. I can fly a plane, hover a helicopter, and took sailing lessons 10 years ago).
– The ability to code, because according to WordPress “Code is poetry”.